Led by 11-Time Hit Songwriter Clay Mills
The SongtownUSA Master Class is a 6-week online learning experience like no other. Work hand-in-hand with top songwriting pros to develop your songs and craft in our skype-style classroom. Through encouraging, positive critiques of your weekly writing assignments and valuable insights from real hit songwriters, you’ll gain the tools and confidence to take your art to the next level.
Our next Master Class Series begins:
Monday, Feb. 3, 2014
Monday Class Dates: Feb 3, 10, 17, 24 March 3, 10
Time: Class I 6:00- 7:30 and Class II 7:35 p.m. to 9:05 p.m. (CST)
Location: SongTowns Online Video Conference Room
Major universities offer non-credit courses costing up to $1,000 for similar programs taught by college professors. Our Master Class Series is conducted by current hit songwriters with first-hand knowledge of what it takes to write great songs in the real world!
SongtownUSA Master Class Series with Clay Mills $499.99
*Includes free Pro Vs. Amateur Songwriting DVD ($29.99 value)
Master Class Series plus two 1-hour private mentoring sessions with hit writer Marty Dodson $729.99
(That’s $70 off the regular 2 session Hit-Writer Mentoring price!)
How Our Course Works
- Apply by sending mp3s and/or lyrics of 2 songs that you feel best showcase your personal writing style to firstname.lastname@example.org. Songs must be received by mid-night Sunday, Jan. 12th, 2014. If you are primarily a lyricist you are also welcome to apply. Remember, we are looking at the writers’ potential and not necessarily for crafty polished songs. Classes are limited to 8 students to insure proper attention to everyone.
- Once you have been accepted into the SongtownUSA Master Class Program, you will receive a syllabus outlining what material will be covered each week and instructions on how to gain access to our video classroom.
- Each week you will attend a 90 minute songwriting class led by a Master Class Series Pro. You can login on your computer or laptop from the comfort of your own home, or anywhere with a good wi-fi connection.
- Each week your Master Class Pro will offer valuable insight into the craft of songwriting and give you an assignment for the following week. When you return to class the following week, your song assignment will receive a positive, encouraging critique outlining what is working and what can be improved.
- Classes are full participation so you will work hand-in-hand with your songwriting pro and fellow attendees for a fun learning experience.
Enter Your Best Songs Today! Email email@example.com by Sunday, Jan. 12th, 2014, Midnight CST.
Quotes from Former Attendees:
“I recently attended Clay Mills’ Master Class, and I have to say it was the single best learning experience in my quest to become a professional songwriter.” ~ Jonathan Helfand (New York, NY)
For any of you wondering about a Master Class: I am just finishing up a Master Class hosted by Clay Mills. As to be expected, lots of great songwriting advice and work assignments. What surprised me though was the camaraderie that developed between us all…. how we encouraged and spurred each other on. Each week I had to stretch out further, and work on improving the quality of my writing. as the bar was lifted higher. Amazing what a deadline does. As an end result, I am more focused; and best of all, I have established relationships with my classmates and we are now writing together. Some hit songs in the future? Well….stay tuned. ~ Lucy LeBlanc (White Rock, British Columbia)
“With Clay Mills’ honest critiques and guidance, I saw major growth in myself and all students who followed his instructions. Again, thank you Clay, it truly was an honor.” ~ Nelson Moore (Hendersonville, TN)